Monday, January 6, 2014

Yoga time in NYC

The last few days have been an absolute whirlwind! On Saturday morning we had our Yoga Voice event with Mark Moliterno. We had a lot of first time yogis there so that in itself was super exciting. He gave us a bit of yoga 101 and gave us a great explanation of the chakras of the body. These are points of the body that energy. We worked on helping to foster this energy through poses and how this connects to our voice. I learned that our own voices have healing qualities to our own bodies! I was able to sing and he worked with me on my piece. I sang part of the aria in goddess pose with him. There was an instant change in my voice when I opened my hips and sank in to my body! Luke and I saw The Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder on Broadway that night. It was absolutely hilarious, a must see for sure. The character actor played 8 different characters. Yesterday I was able to go to a yoga class with my absolute yoga hero, Tara Stiles. My heart was so happy afterwards that I was able to practice in the studio that she started and with her. Cory came with me and she had never been to yoga before. I'll be catching up more tomorrow!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment