Thursday, January 9, 2014

New York, it has been a pleasure.

It really didn't set in until I left the airport today that this trip was over. I cannot wait to read over all my notes that I have taken this week and make a plan for the future. So many of the people we met have given me food for thought, which I am so thankful for.

I really enjoyed my interview the last day with Jana Burke, because even though she does not sing at the met, she worked for them for three years, so she has seen what the business is like. She also went to grad school for vocal performance and has worked at various opera houses around the state of new york, including the bronx opera. She talked to Laura and I about the audition process, resumes, and networking. She also had a lot of insight about competitions and young artists programs, which i am excited to get a chance to do soon. She was so nice, and very knowledgable about the field and she cleared up a lot of the grey areas I had. 

I believe this trip has been so good for me because now we have to set up an action plan in class. I know making this action plan for the year to come will really help me narrow down what I need to do and exactly the way I would like to go about it. I am so thankful for this opportunity, and i cannot wait to bring the knowledge my classmates and I have back to New York!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment