Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Beginning




Today was the last day of our 2014 New York City Immersion Trip! Needless to say, this has been one of the most amazing journeys that I have ever had! I learned so much professionally and personally. This journey consisted of so many experiences from attending an opera at the Metropolitan Opera to a master class with Claudia Catania. I have been inspired, motivated, and guided throughout the whole trip. Each event had a different learning lesson that I was able to apply within the whole trip and in my life as well. If I were to pick one main lesson that I have learned along the trip is that confidence is key. In our yoga for singers class that we attended on Saturday, I learned that everything that a person can do and can give to the world is already inside themselves, it is just matter of uncovering those qualities in order for them to be an active participant in our lives. In my case, I knew that the confidence was deep inside but it was just a matter of uncovering it. Finding that confidence led me to wonderful experiences in master classes and in vocal coaching’s and in conversations with professionals!

On our last day, I was able to attend, along with our group, a preforming arts school in Brooklyn and perform a recital for the musical theater students! Right when we walked in, they were singing in the auditorium and really enjoying the act of singing and the act of preforming. I was so inspired by them and how they responded to music! It was such a wonderful experience! Later in the day I was able to attend an interview with Cory in another school in Brooklyn. It was such a wonderful experience to be in a school setting and learn about how young children respond and value music within their lives. After the school visit, as a group we attended the Broadway music Pippin! It was the best way to end such a wonderful trip! I have always appreciated how musicals evoke feeling out of an audience and how they are able to touch so many hearts. This musical did just that, and so much more. The music, acting, singing, dancing, set, costumes, storyline, and cast was absolutely amazing. I was able to immerse myself into the musical and the feelings that the musical provided. I was so affected by the end of the music that I was brought to tears. I was able to experience the joy of music through a strong and an impactful storyline. Meeting the cast afterwards was amazing! I was star struck! All I could say is thank you and wonderful job. I realized at that very moment, that music has an everlasting, unexplainable, and a magical effect on the heart and soul.

As I wright this last post, I just wanted to thank you all for reading! It has been such an amazing, humbling, and magical journey that I will carry within my heart for the rest of my life. I was able to really find myself as a person and grow in ways in which I couldn’t have imagined! I also want to give a very special thanks to our wonderful and amazing professors whole guided us on this journey. Their advice, care, and support have really made this trip an amazing experience. Their hard work and dedication to us as students has been so wonderful and I am forever grateful! Also, a major thank you to all who have made this experience possible which is my fellow classmates and all of the people we have meet with us and provided us with important and valuable information and advice. My mind refuses to stop thinking of all of what I have learned and what my possibilities are in my career as a vocal performance major. I am so excited to see what the future has in store for me and whom I can impact with the use of my gift. Many thanks, and you will be hearing from me in the future! What is certain is that I want to sing for the rest of my life! This will require hard work, dedication, and continuous study, and I am more than willing to achieve that!  I have been inspired a great deal while being on this trip! With an inspired mind and a warmed heart, thank you!

The best of wishes,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment