Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Pace

Pace is important in life, and setting a good one can be essential to success. This is what I learned today. In New York, time seems to move differently. For example, today I navigated the subway system for the first time. When doing this, time moves really fast and its exciting! The flow of motion, the determination to reach a destination that can be seen in strangers eyes as they pass you. A pace with a certain calculated speed seems to be the best way to make your way through the city streets. Yet time seemed to freeze then I saw Lincoln center for the first time. In going to see the New York Philharmonic, hearing Tchaikovsky's fifth symphony, time spun in a beautiful largo. Its funny how life finds a way to brings itself full circle. Tchaikovsky's fifth was one of the first symphonic works I was exposed to when I was younger, and it is one of the pieces that had inspired me to become a musician. Hearing it today, in the most extravagant circumstances was something I an so grateful for. New York is a big place, but I've got enough heart to handle it.

Chris              

No comments:

Post a Comment