Friday, January 3, 2014

First Day and a half!!
Well, first off the first hour and a half we were in the city making our way to the Hotel was the most stressed I've been since finals week. The fast pace of the city and the uncertainty made me really nervous. I was thinking to myself that if all week was like this it would be an insane week. Once we got to the Hotel though we had a little free time. My roommates and I attempted to organize our things and then a few of us just decided to go roam around. We were all starving from the trip so we stopped in a little pizza shop that was so good, and got coffee a little later. I was way more at ease once we were just free and not dragging our luggage around the city.
We were then surprised with tickets to see the New York Philharmonic. When we got to the Lincoln Center it was just so beautiful. Its one of those things that you see pictures of all the time but to see it for yourself is just simply amazing. The concert itself was stunning also.
The next morning (today) we had the opportunity to talk with Caroline Worra. Let me tell you, this is an awesome lady. She works incredibly hard and is just so nice! It was amazing to hear her story and about her career. We had lunch at an indian restaurant which was a first for me and I liked it! I keep telling myself that this week is all about firsts and getting out of my comfort zone.
We then headed to Paul Taylor Dance Company and got to sit in on a rehearsal. We walked in the room and saw Paul Taylor sitting there and I was just so excited! I loved watching the dancers and seeing how much passion they had, even if it was just a rehearsal and they've done the dance a million times, they still gave it their all which was inspiring.
This week is just packed with exciting adventures and challenges and I am ecstatic for each one of them!
Now I'm off to visit Times Square and later see the show "Natasha Pierre and the Comet of 1812"

-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment