Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Last Night

Words cannot describe what I have experienced in the last week. One of the most rewarding things I have acquired from being here is the friendship of my classmates. Though I knew the people going on this trip, it has been so nice to get to actually know them, and all of their dreams and aspirations. I am so excited to see where our lives take us because we are all so talented, and I hope everyone got what they needed out of this trip. It honestly does not feel like it has been a week here. I feel like I truly understand how to get around here, and the steps I need to take to be successful here. Also, another thing I loved about going on this trip was going to all of the diverse shows. Never would I ever thought that I could even afford to get to see shows on Broadway, or at the met. I love seeing people do what they love for a living, because I know that will be me someday if I put in the work. 

Without this trip, I would not have the sense of direction I feel right now. All the people we got to interact with have really opened my eyes. Though no one has a specific path in this industry, their are certain steps you need to take to get to where you need to be. Whether it be experience, getting organized, or simply working on yourself, I have a pretty clear idea of what steps I would like to take next. This trip has been one of the most rewarding and eye-opening things I have done in my life, and I am so very thankful to Mitra and Dr. Rieck for letting me have this experience. Also, I thank all of my classmates who have made this trip an unforgettable one.

Forever Changed,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment