Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My life is a lovely disaster

In the past few days, I have lost a part of my glasses at the Met, left my phone in a taxi, have gotten lost numerous time, and accidentally hit a waiter in the face. Yet none of these things really upset me! I have this wonderful way of stumbling through life. I've learned how to fall, and man I can fall in the most extravagant of ways. This is what makes me so strong, professionally and personally. No matter what happens to me, I will always be ok, that's just who I am. Today when the group performed for the Brooklyn High School of the Arts, I realized that I am a performer and a good one. When it comes to "the show must go on" I am your man. And I am a composer as well. Speaking with the various composers and vocalists on this trip, I have learned something very important. My path will be completely different than everyone elses. Let face it, I have some difficulties to overcome but I have no choice but to overcome them. I've decided that if anyone looks at me and says I can't do something, I'm just going to stop listening. If I told myself that a can't do things where would I be now? My parents told me I can do anything and they are absolutely right! I
should have been listening to them this entire time. Who would have thought?

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment