Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Greetings!

Greetings!

My name is Amanda Blue and I am a sophomore vocal performance major at the University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire. I am extremely excited and honored to be apart of this wonderful learning experience that is the New York City Immersion Program for Young Artists. This program will allow us to make connections that can help develop our career and provide us with important experience within New York City. I am looking forward to all of our events that we will be attending. Each event will expose us to many important lessons and experiences that the music world of New York City has to offer. As a performer, I am really looking forward to the master class with Claudia Catania. I think that it will be an amazing experience to work with her and have her work one on one with us on a song that we have prepared. Our professors have done an amazing job in preparing and guiding us throughout this whole journey, and I want to thank them so much for that!
Our immersion program this year not only focuses on our professional experiences, we have been focusing on diversity within New York City. Throughout our 8-week meetings with the group, we talked about diversity and how it affects how we ourselves see the world. I thought that those discussions were very important and useful in our travels during this trip and in the future! My expectations on this trip are to grow as a musician and as a person. I hope to step outside of my comfort zone more as a performer and allow myself to get lost within a piece of music. I have learned that by experiencing life and stepping out on your comfort zone can lead to wonderful life changes and continuous growth. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life and this trip is providing me with an amazing first step! I am very excited and thankful to be going on this amazing journey!

Sincerely,


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment