Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tomorrow Cannot Come Soon Enough!

Tomorrow, we will be in New York. I am so blessed for this opportunity and it is not going to be like any experience I will ever have in my life. The first time I went to New York it was on a family trip with my aunt, and the second time was on a mission trip to Brooklyn with my church. Both times it was so rewarding, and I know this one will be as well. One of my many goals for this trip is to take in as much as I can, because we will be speaking with so many people there it is going to hard to sort out information, but it will be so rewarding getting to know them and interact with them. One of my  expectations is getting to see to fantastic and culture enriching shows. Never in my life would I have thought that I would get to see so many professionals shows in one week. I really love listening to people and letting them share their gift with me. I also expect to come out of this trip with a new sense of drive and direction to my goal in life of being a working singer.

I know I am looking forward to exploring the city, and going to see the opera. One of the things I have always wanted to do in my life was go see a show there, so it is so surreal that it is actually happening. I also love just getting to be in big cities. Getting to be on our own, exploring, and getting around the city is something I am really looking forward to. The one thing I really want to learn from this trip is if I actually have what it takes to actually live in a big city. Though I love the atmosphere, it is not the small town of 4,000 that I grew up in. Their will be new challenges and new things to experience, but I hope I learn that I am independent enough to make it. Again I am so blessed to be able to be a part of this trip, and getting to know everyone on it! Here's to a wonderful week in New York City!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment