Saturday, January 4, 2014

Da Da Daaa Da Da

These past few days have been really great. I've already learned so much about New York, and how differently this experience is already from the last time I was here.
There are many reasons for this being so. I think for one thing, this trip to new york is different in feelings when I first got here. The "rose colored glasses" or as someone would call them are not as prominent this time as they were last time. There aren't those giddy feelings where everything feels perfect, instead I feel calm, as though this city is a familiar acquaintance.
However, that being said, I'm still so very excited to be here, and it feels really great to be back in the Big Apple.
Tonight, I went with a friend to  "Newsies" the musical. The dancing was phenomenal, the singing was so stellar and the chorus blended. Even better, the lead must have gotten sick during the first half, and before intermission,during what had to be the vocal highlight of the lead, another person walked out onstage instead; the understudy. I immediately knew that this was not the same person, and it was cool to hear his voice, so prepared and he knew exactly what he was doing. This was a great thing to see, because it is just an everyday reality of Broadway. This understudy is probably reliable, on time with learning music, and most importantly, passionate about what he does. He doesn't go home at night with a bitter attitude because he didn't score the lead.
This is the kind of passion that I want to harness in my own performance and daily life. I can't wait to see more of this! Goodnight.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment