Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My First Time in New York!

This past year has offered me so many insights into the pathways that are available to me in my life. Because it is the first day of the new year I think it is only natural that my writing would be reflective in nature. For anyone who know me, they understand that this year has been one of many transitions for me. So many wonderful firsts have come to me in the last 365 days. Now a first that I never thought would happen is right in front of me. I get to experience New York for the first time! In doing so, I know that a variety of insights will come to me, bringing me closer to answering the question that is always on my mind; Who am I?

To be honest I am very scared about this trip. Being young, I am prone to making foolish mistakes that do not lend well to my professional and personal goals. I fear that I will lose myself in the bright lights of the city. I wonder if the true nature of my insecurity will reveal itself. But I know that things will work out for me. I've realized that there are always people out there who are waiting to catch you when you fall. We all receive support from so many people, but most of the time our clouded perspectives make us unaware of the numbers of people who care for us. In saying this, I want to make the point that I have a new objective for myself. I want to tame the roaring fears that hold inside of me. The first step is accepting the helping hand.  

To conclude, I would like to say that I have so much excitement for the amazing experiences that this trip has to offer. I'm so grateful to be going to New York with a group of such incredible talent and positivity. I became blissfully aware of the unbelievable amount of individuality and musical aptitude present in each member of this group at the dress rehearsal for the consent. It means a great deal to me that I get to be a part, if even only a small part, of your professional growth and self actualization. I'm so grateful for all of you! I can't wait to see what the next few days bring!  

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment