Monday, January 6, 2014

...Traveling around NYC is starting to make sense!

After five days of traveling on New York's subway system, I'm starting to feel confident in my ability to successfully get around this city!  My biggest fear about going to NYC was figuring out the subways and not getting lost.  After keeping my eyes open while traveling and studying the subway maps, transportation is much less stressful, and actually a lot of fun!  Getting on and off subway trains and figuring out exactly how to get from point A to point B reminds me of the video games that I used to play as a child.  I always knew the goal of the specific level in the game, and I had to figure out how to accomplish it, which usually entailed figuring out how to get from one area in the game to another.  Riding the subway is just like playing a video game - challenging, but can be A LOT of fun!  As long as you stay calm, you can figure out how to get where you need to go in the city.  Through this learning experience, I've taken wrong trains and have gotten off at wrong stops, but all of these mistakes are helping me learn, which very rewarding.

More adventures soon!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment