Tuesday, January 7, 2014

getting adjusted

This week has been nothing short of amazing. It has been everything I expected it to be, and everything I wanted it to be.
One of the most impactful shows I've seen so far in my life has been the one we went to go see last night. "Fun House" was that show. I laughed, I sympathized, and I did a lot of crying because the story really spoke to me. My relationship with my father is everything to me, and I really connected with the story even though the horrible events that happened in the show have never happened to me. I found myself being concerned if I was the only person being emotional during the show, and it was comforting to see my friends around me feeling exactly the same way. It was one of those shows that impacts you greatly, and you feel even better after you walk out. Thats the kind of experience that I think off broadway shows are the best at doing, giving you a new perspective without always trying to please everyone, or give the average tourist a energy rush like some shows on Broadway.
Even in the frigid cold I still find a way to love an appreciate where I am, in this awesome city. It's always inspiring, always giving a new perspective, and keeps my dreams alive.
I still have so much to explore and learn in these next two days, and I'm so excited for it.

Laura Schachner

No comments:

Post a Comment