Thursday, January 9, 2014

Final Days

The time in the great city has drawn to a close! Yesterday was our last full day, and we definitely got everything out of it that we could. We started the day off by heading across the bridge on the subway to the Brooklyn High School of the performing arts. We got to sing the first half of the recital that we had planned but the students were super receptive. They were cheering like crazy! I even heard a girl in the hallway say "They have really inspired me to sing opera! I'm gonna do it!" That in itself was worth it. Luke and I got to sing our duet for the final song and that was awesome. We had a really nice group lunch and it made me realize how close this trip has made all of us. It is amazing what being with a group of people can do for and entire week. It makes me so thrilled that these are the people that I will be rising through the industry with. Something that every single person that we interviewed said was to keep in touch with our colleagues because we will be helping each other out for the rest of our lives. Everyone on this trip has helped me grow as a person, musician, and performer and for that I eternally grateful.

xo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment