Saturday, March 17, 2012

Welcome to New York City!!!

After stepping off the subway into the heart of Midtown Manhattan, we were off getting our first taste of NYC life; although some of us were already feeling the whole new immersion experience with the subway ride itself. All of us have diligently been planning our hunts for the best show, the greatest interviews, and the perfect cup of coffee. Part of this immersion experience is a focus on answering personal questions for ourselves. This experience will undoubtedly give us a better idea of how life can transition from small-town Wisconsin to Big Apple living over a short period of time. However, along with this, we will be trying to answer our personal questions. All of our questions vary...some of them being too personal to even share with those closest to us...but the underlying theme is self-discovery through immersion.

What is my musical path? Will a family be feasible in this lifestyle? What am I certain I want out of life? What am I certain that I do not want? Is a big city for me? Can I make it on my own? What part of my life can I not live without? Will I ever stop being nervous about my future? How can I stay true to who I am as an individual in an industry that seems to be looking for something other than me? How many day jobs will comprise my day? Is hoping for a cross-over career practical? What is my musical identity? Is this for me?

Alright, New York, work your magic. Immerse me in glitter and self-discovery.

~ Nicole A. Korbisch

No comments:

Post a Comment