Friday, March 30, 2012

One week back in EC

Hi all-

The first week of school after our NY trip is finally over.  I think we all felt that we had some serious catching up to do after being gone so it was a long week.  First of all, I am glad to be home.  I like having space, I like the quiet of my neighborhood, I like being able to practice in my studio whenever I want to.  But I do miss the energy of New York and the sense of endless possibility that I feel there.  I was reflecting today at our 7:00 a.m. class meeting about how much I value creativity.  And my personal creativity results from reacting to things that I see.  The extremely high level of artistic endeavor in NYC gives me hundreds of things to respond to--colors, movement, spacial relationships of things, shades of light, energy flow, etc. etc.  My creativity is rekindled and I feel "refilled" as an artist when I am there.  I also LOVE being around people who are at the top of their game.  I always have.  It inspires me to challenge myself.

Each of the people who went on our trip is to create a "summer program" for themselves--first identifying skills they want to work on and then devising a program to work on those skills.  People are taking dance lessons, coaching, self-defense, languages, creating websites, etc.  We are all serving as a "career club"/support network for each other to help all of us keep on the track we are starting on.  This includes me.  I am working on my summer plans and they are EXCITING!

The students have four remaining assignments- more blog entries, including one on their one on one networking/interview, a reflection on the overall experience, a personal reflection on their individual question they took to NY, and a self-devised "summer program."  Exciting stuff.

More later-
Mitra

No comments:

Post a Comment