Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Boom!

I had a self-realization today. New York is a big city, and big cities are BIG.What I realized was that I was getting throne off by big cities. The same thing happened to me when I had my grad school audition in Chicago. I was getting overwhelmed with the people, the buildings, and the way of life. I am this small, mid-western girl, who is very modest and polite to everyone she meets. It makes me happy to to give others chances they've never had before myself. It happened yesterday in the masterclass: I waited to sing last so that everyone else got an opportunity first to get a coaching. I wasn't assertive enough last night to get an autograph and picture with one of the cast members of "End of the Rainbow" (which was PHENOMENAL by the way). Tonight, again, I wasn't assertive enough to get an autograph and picture with a wonderful tenor (but I did get Diana's!).
Something you HAVE to have here is "assertiveness," which Nicole has touched on briefly in a previous blog.
I don't have it.
It's something that others can't push me into.
I need to do it myself.
But I'm still learning.
-Meagan
All of us with John from Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment