Monday, March 19, 2012

Tenor so in Manhattan-Tercero Dia

Today was a another glorious day in NYC. Senor Pereira y yo went to the Hook and Ladder 8 Fire station in Tribeca(14 N Moore st). I loved it! I got a Tshirt with the logo and got some photos in front. We walked around Soho and china town for a little then went to Union Square to the Farmers market. A little small but it was fun. We came back, I got changed and then we all went to meet with Claudia Catania at Chelsea Studios (26thx7th). I loved the master class and she had something for all of us to take back with us. She is such a kind and wise person and she cares so much for all the young students that she encounters.

After, a small group of us went to the Natural History Museum. I loved it so much. The exhibits were fun and colorful and interesting. The best part was a security guard who learned that we were singers and wanted us to sing for him. He didn't sound bad when he attempted to sing for us! He suggested Angelo's wood fire pizza (57thx6th) for dinner. Best and cheapest dinner so far. We had a pizza and spinach ravioli in a pistachio sauce. Wonderful!

Carnegie hall(57thx7th) was on the docket and we were early so we saw the museum and gift shop. Then we got our seats for the show. It was an Elgar string quartet with orchestra and Beethoven's first piano concerto op.15. It was all conducted by the man himself, John Rutter. The second half was his's Magnificat. The choir was high school choirs including Delaven-Darien HS and St. Norbert's Chamber choir from De Pere. The soloist sang fine and the orchestra was phenomenal! I loved being in Carnegie! Maybe I can conduct there some day. We got a taxi back, for one of our own was injured in the foot all day.

A great day and I learned that I have what it takes to make it in this business, I just need to be great. Right now I am great 2% of the time. Must be more. Thank you Claudia! Tomorrow may spell awesomeness. Papaya king, Met, Met Museum, central park, Nintendo world store... you name it! Hasta Manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment