Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday-Goodbye NYC. Until we meet again.

5:10 a.m. came quickly!  I had to make a few wake up calls, but we got to LaGuardia on time via public transportation.  Easy peasy!  Uneventful flight back to MSP.

Many of us were sad to leave the big apple.


Jordyn's mother picked some of us up at the airport and we made our merry way home.  A special thanks to Emily, Abby, Evan, Jordyn, and Ken who all helped me carry my extremely heavy and/or unwieldy luggage.




 
Members of my voice studio (Jordyn, Britney, Meagan, Abby, Marie, and Emily) on the last night






I have some reflection to do, both personally and about the program.  We received the grant to run the program for the next two years as well, and though the program was excellent this year, there are some changes I want to make now that I have done it once.  Really looking forward to beginning preparation for spring break 2013!  Thank you to Jordyn Beranek who was my student assistant for the immersion and did lots of copying, phone calling, and organizing and in general made sure the program succeeded.

What a life-changing experience for all of us.
Peace-
Mitra

No comments:

Post a Comment