Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tenor so in Manhattan-Segundo Dia

Well, life in New york is great. My day started so well. I went to St. Ignatius of Loyola (Park Avex84th) for mass and I loved it! The choir sounded so good and the priest Homily was great. You will never know how much God Loves you, and you have to know that you cannot do anything to make God love you any more than he already does. He is that awesome. I was able to introduce myself to K. Scott Warren, the interim director of the choir this year. There are so many choirs at this church, it is awesome. We met the group at Cafe Europa (53rdxMadison) for lunch, and then went to talk to John Howell at St. Thomas (5thx53rd). He is a man who is making his life singing in Church Choirs, and now he is a contact we can use if we ever want to break in.

After this, we went to THE MET!!! The group heard the Met opera competition finals and the singers were amazing. I fell in love with the Soprano, Janai Brugger. And I love the fire aria from Ravel's L'enfant de les Sortigeles. It was sung by the youngest contestant there. Great music. We also met up with a friend from UWEC!

I broke off with some group people to hear a recital by a student at the Mannes music school (150 W 85th). We stopped at the Peacefood Cafe (460 Amsterdam) for dinner. Service was ok and the food was great. First time at a Vegan retaurant! Then we made it to the school. I loved her recital and after we made the winding way back to the hotel. It was winding because several subways were not running on the weekends. Oh, and one of the people I was with fell over on their butt. It was funny on the way home.

Mañana, I fufil a life long dream. I am going to Hook and Ladder 8. If you don't know, I'll tell you tomorrow. Then to the farmers market, and in the evening, CARNEGIE HALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment