Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tenor so in Manhattan - sexto dia

It's a beautiful in the neighborhood! Actually, it was record high today in NYC. I wore shorts and brought my extra nice clothes for the evening. It was a nice relaxing day. The group went to Shetler studios(244 w 54th). We met Ken Benson, a Manager for Classical singers. He gave us great advice and answered many questions. After the meeting, he came to get Pizza with us at John's Pizzeria (260 W 44th). It used to be a church and it was quite roomy. Solid pizza, cheap and tasty.

Me and two other people went to Central park and we went for a boat ride! Nice photos and some exercise for me. I was the only one rowing. We then strolled to the subway and I went to an interview with John Uehlein, Music Director at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church (46 W 16th). He was quite consise and gave me a lot of nice information. Completely different in size and goal from the church yesterday. The three of us then went to Funayama Sushi(24 Greenwich st). I got all you can eat for $25. What a steal and very good quality too!

We booked it to Lincoln Center, where I changed in the New York Public Library of the Performing Arts to my dress clothes. We heard a recital of two graduate students, Tenor and Baritone. It was spectacular! The both sounded amazing and then they did the Pearl Fishers duet. A trip to pinkberry's (many locales, but 330 W 58th) was in store after and then we came back to the hotel. Vegg time. Tomorrow is the last full day in NYC. Gotta make it count!

No comments:

Post a Comment