Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tenor so in Manhattan - quinto dia

Anther day, another ground breaking! We had a meeting with the beautiful Naomi Riuz and just talked for two hours about moving from school, to grad, to YAPs and life in New York! She had so many wonderful things to tell us. I was so happy to hear it all.

After the meeting, me and a friend went to Papaya King (86thx3rd)! I love the hot dogs there! We got Custard at The Shake Shack(86th), and then made it to my first interview with Sara Murphy, the Music admin. at St. Ignatius of Loyola Catholic church. We talked for almost two hours about not only the music at the church, but her career as a singer as well! She will be in a production of Aida in a month, and then also does many concert recitals. she has the full timje job, but fits in her life as a singer. The amazing thing about the church's music, is how varied it is. Solemn mass and a contemporary mass. Standard concerts with the choir and also premiers! Great stuff going on there.

We then wandered around central park, had a blast, saw Mr. P and Naomi in the park, and got lost a little, We made it to the Met on time and saw Diana Damrau and Juan Diego Florez in The Elixer of Love, one of my favorite operas! Dulcamara's duet with adina is my favorite part of the show. It was magnificent, beautiful and stunning! I had a blast at my first show at the met, and I also loved the chandelier going up to the ceiling!

We all got back and are sleepy. Meeting an agent tomorrow and then having a second interview. Finish with Juliard recital! Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment