Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tenor so in Manhattan - Cuarto Dia

Wow, what a day! Empezo' today with some amazing things. I woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. Made my way downstairs and met Mitra's friend from school, a working artist, Caroline Worra at the Hotel. The most amazing thing about this trip is the completely positive affirmation of our career choice by actual singers, performers, and respected teachers. I feel so good about what I want to do and how I will see myself as a singer. I must first learn how to sing, and sing well, before placing the idea of being a leading tenor in my mind. It can be a goal, but technique is necessary to acheive that.

Despues the meeting, we went to lunch with her for 3 more hours. It was an indian place, Saravanaa Bhana (Lexingtonx26th). Great fast service and it was very good. We talked with Carolina the entire time and learned great things about conductors and summer programs. I then went with two others to buy tickets for them to Porgy and Bess. We tried a lottery for book of mormon, and then went to rockafeller plaza. I got some Five Guys (36 W 34th), met Jeremy Gussin, went to the Nintendo World store, Then ran to broadway to find a show to go to. I wanted to see a show at the Met,  but tickets sold out very quick.

We decided to try Godspell, and boy, what a choice! We got some last minute tickets, and I got to sit right next to the stage in the circle on the square. I had cushions to sit on! The show was probably my greatest experience in New york so far. I dare something to top it! I could touch the actors if I wanted to, feel their sweat, was convered in confetti, interacted with the performance with the cushion I was sitting on! It was a dream and there was a talk back afterwards and I got to ask a question! What a show!

I met up with another group of broadway peeps, and we got cheescake at Lindy's (401 7th) and then got a little lost on the subway. Another great day awaits! Naomi Ruiz, interview, and L'elisir!

No comments:

Post a Comment