Friday, March 23, 2012

Tenor so in Manhattan - Ultimo dia

All good things must end. I have to say, this last day was a favorite. I will recap and then explain my entire experience.

I made my roomate get up first. Then I got ready and we made it downstairs to meet and leave for the Network Studio (242 W 36th). I was completely enthralled with the things Miss. Tracey had to say. Making yourself a business takes a long time. I hope to have them time to not only practive, teach lessons, and make myself a company this summer. I am ready now. I have the tools, support, and time.

After the class, I made a stop at Papaya king again. Great. Then me and another student met with a friend of hers from a summer program. We went down to battery park and strolled. It was a great time and I liked the slow pace. We left that to go back to the hotel, get dinner, and go to a recital at the NY public library for the performing arts (Lincoln Center). It was wonderful and I loved the Faure song cycle that was performed. Gorgeous. I then booked it to the Stephen Sondheim Theatre (7thx53rd). Anything Goes was wonderful and the first classic show I think I have ever seen. I loved it. The tap number was the highlight for me. It was funny and vocally super exciting. We then got a personal talkback with some leads and supporting. We talked for a while so we didn't have a dessert meet up for realsies afterwards.

We all talked about what we learned, what we have yet to do at school, and what we are going to do to take these lessons and learnings into our life as musicians. I am very excited.

I am planning to work on my business side of things. I want to find sponsors in my home town and maybe school too. I will work on post cards and business cards, resume, tax and retirement things, and culminate in a recital at the end of the summer. I will be also starting a blog of my own when I can figure out how to do that. I ll ask the girl who set this one up for us. Keep in touch, and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment