Saturday, March 17, 2012

Tenor so in Manhattan-Primero Dia

This is the lone tenor on the UWEC immersion trip. I am so excited to be here con mis amigos and share some wonderful experiences. And look good at the same time. I realized I packed two dress pants and two casual pants along with my suit, so maybe

What I am looking forward to most is meeting with the people I have scheduled interviews with. More info when that happens. I can say I am doing some in depth research on Church musicians and church jobs in a big city like this. I love singing at Newman in EC and I hope to continue singing for what ever parish I may be at in the future.

Ok here is what you really want to hear. I DID buy a pair of vintage shoes. I DID buy a book of opera libretti. I DID buy an opera album at the city Bella Napoli (130 Madison) and it was wonderful. Me and Mitra had the Lasagna. We talked about what we learned on the first day here in the Big Apple. Mr. P was able to see Alan Rickman in Seminar. I am quite jealous. After dinner, I prepped my clothes for the week, ironing and trying to unwrinkle my suit. I love the rooms here at Hotel Deauville (103 E 29st), and I am excited to be in a room for more than a few days. I apparently talk in my sleep, so I hope my roommate is a good sleeper. I know I am.

Tomorrow, the day starts with misa. Most of the crew is going to St. Thomas (5thx53rd), but I am headed to St. Ignatius of Loyola (980 Park avex84th) to celebrate. The choir of St. Ignatius of Loyola will be aiding in the celebration of the mass at 11 and then I will head over to St. Thomas to talk with the music director there. The churches here are quite awesome. I hope to take the highlight tour of St. John the Devine, I missed the vertical tour and have plans on wednesday, which is la catedral más grande del mundo.

Keep my trip in your thoughts and prayers. BOOYAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment