Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pre-NYC!

Wow! Can't believe a week from now we'll be on a plane going to the big city of New York! I'm too excited. There are so many things that I'm excited for, one being just being able to get a tasted of what life may be like for me if I decide to end up in a big city like New York. I really want to find out what daily life is for a performer, down to the small details like finding time for family or getting enough sleep through performances and busy weeks. This is information that I can use even now as a college performance major.  I am also very excited for the variety of things that we will be doing there, not just the typical tourist sight seeing (although I really want to see Times Square). I'm also a little nervous for things too, like being surrounded by a whole slew of different people. How will they act towards me? Will they know that I'm from the Midwest? These are worries and questions that we've addressed in the class, but can only be truly answered once I've gone there and actually experienced it. I've given up on the idea of packing everything in a carry on, by the way. I'll pay that extra fee. Too many clothes. 
But anyways, I'm counting down the days until we board the plane and have the experience that I've been anticipating for so long!

Laura :)


No comments:

Post a Comment