Friday, March 22, 2013

Putting It Together

I know I have a different view of the city after this trip.
I have been challenged in so many ways. The subway takes a lot longer to get from point A to point B than I thought. Also, going the wrong way does not help.
I also used to think that this city was the end all to be all. And now I don't know if it is exactly that. Kayla put it well today in our discussion when she said that we have all the tools that we need to make great art at Eau Claire.

I finally do not have a fear of networking or of achieving my goal. Now the only problem is not being lazy.

When I get back to Eau Claire I plan to look into Graduate Schools and then I plan on preparing for those auditions within the next year. Also, I will be calling many restaurants in the Milwaukee area just to see if I might be able to play or gig out. I might not get paid, and they might say no, but in the end it will all be worth it.

Today I had my interview with David Holcenberg, the conductor of the Broadway musical Matilda.
It was probably one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life.
He was such a down to earth person, that was willing to answer any and all of my questions.
I cannot begin to explain to any of you how I felt after I left the theater. It was like I felt I could do anything. I feel like I need to conduct a Broadway musical.
Then at Nice Work If You Can Get It I got to watch the conductor from a box seat. Again. A feeling that I need to conduct musicals. With all of the musical, financial, and social, information I have been granted I believe I can do it. I can become a Broadway conductor.

It's our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment