Saturday, March 9, 2013

Opening Doors

Here I am. One Week Out. I’m about to open a door to my future and I have no idea what to expect, but I am so excited. I’ve been to New York many times, only one other time for academic purposes. But this time, is going to change the way I perceive the Big Apple. I’m so glad the trip is actually a course structured to help us learn about the city so that our perceptions can be exposed to the truth of actually living as a starving artist. I cannot believe that my school offers something like this to students. This is truly wonderful.  I’ve always wanted to live in New York, especially New York City. I want to know if the big city is right for me, or if I’m right for the big city. I want to know if I could be ready for Broadway after college. I want to know what the lifestyle is like. My main professional goal is to start building some sort of network. I think that after this trip this will be done. Personally, I’m looking forward to working the subway and learning the neighborhoods. I want to know where I am going in New York at any time.  Hopefully I will make the right mistakes and learn very quickly. I can’t wait to be with my little family and start making my connections. I’m opening doors, saying here I am.

Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment