Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Dance Waiting to Happen

It's happening. In 7 minutes, I will be able to count down the number of days to New York on ONE HAND. I can't believe how close we are to leaving, and how many new experiences await me in that GIANT city! I just spent the weekend at the ACDFA dance conference in Mankato, MN and my mind is already in overdrive mode. I began the weekend stressing about exams, but after my first class of the Indian style of "Bharatantyam", I found myself completely lost within each different dance style I tried in just one day! I felt my love for dance being renewed at this conference, I began to wonder just how big of an impact New York is going to make if my small time in Minnesota could greatly change the way I think about just one interest in my life. 

As I prepare to leave for NYC this weekend, I plan to leave with an open mind, an open wallet to trying new things, and an open heart. I hope that aspects of my life such as dance which was hindered and forgotten by the stress of school can now begin seeping back through my body, and I am BEYOND excited to find all of the dance classes I can take while we're there! I feel an entirely new kind of happiness and excitement as I write this first blog in anticipation of what NYC holds for me. The way I see it, New York City is that new style of dance that I haven't tried, but boy am I ready to take off my Eau Claire shoes and step out on to that floor. 

Your most excited New York 'newbie, 

Katherine  

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time and get as much out of this trip as you can. Don't worry, as your mom I will worry enough for both of us.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete