Monday, March 18, 2013

Ah, But Underneath


Three days in and already so much done.
I saw Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark and I can honestly say it is the best piece of technical theatre I have ever seen.
For all who don't know, I love Stephen Sondheim. So going to see Passion was an extra special event for me.
The Paul Taylor Dance Company was astounding.
The Baptist Church was inspirational and enlightening.
David made me rethink doing musical theatre and maybe going into opera.
Laila was completely thought provoking.
The Public Theatre was just plain cool.
I just ate dinner with my Uncles and Aunt. It was probably one of the best times I've ever had just relaxing. They are some of my favorite people in the world and I love them very much.

One of my goals is starting to come true! I think I have figured out how to use the subway while on the town! It's awesome knowing that I can navigate my own way beneath the streets.

What a wonderful town. I love this place.

I wonder, however, if I would still love it if I were to live here.
I'm trying my very best this trip to not be a tourist and actually see what it's like to work here. I've done all the tourist like activities many times already, but I haven't actually worked in the city, known what it is like to come here everyday and deal with the struggles like the ones who work here have to do.
So.
I try and listen. To the town, to the people, to the car horns and see what they have to say. So far I have not been deterred from my dream of working here. The expensiveness does not bother me, the crowdedness does not bother me, the noise does not bother me. But who knows? Maybe it would if I   lived here for longer than a week.

Beneath its exterior the town has a heartbeat that keeps drawing me in. I just hope that it is the right temptation to act upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment