Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day Four in the Concrete Jungle… We haven’t lost anyone. Yet.


We got here on Saturday afternoon, and now Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday have passed. What an amazing 4 days. This place is special. During the first meeting we had here as a group, on Saturday night, Marie described how, once we finally made it to the hotel and got rid of all of our luggage, it really began to sink in that we were really here. There is an energy and buzz here that seems as if nothing else in the world is like it. I’ve learned over the past few days that one has a personal connection with the city, and if you’re not careful, you can sort of get left behind and it can be very confusing and disorienting. If you get caught up and too rambunctious, that energy can also work against you, because you can’t be thinking and moving to fast, but you also can’t be thinking and moving too slowly. The third way I have found, is when I can become in sync with the ebb and flow of what is going on around me. I can feed off of that energy and I can make it work to my advantage. It’s been a challenge at times to find that balance between being cautious and reserved, and being hasty and injudicious. Over the most recent couple days, I’ve begun to feel as if I’m finding a way to conquer Manhattan in a safe, but fun way.

I cannot believe how much I have experienced in learned in the past few days, and I'll be back online to post detailed descriptions of some of the experiences that were most special to me.

Peace,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment