Monday, March 11, 2013

My adventure soon to come!

On this beautiful winter day in Wisconsin at 6:45 am I was thinking that I will miss shoveling when I am in NYC........

It is less than a week until we are there! This is a trip of firsts for me. My first excursion to a gigantic city, my first immersion experience, and my first time being on a plane! Over one week I will be overloaded with first time opportunities and I cannot wait!

Everything seems to be together so far. Our schedule is pretty concrete and packed full of amazing things. I found a young woman to give me a piano lesson when I am there. I am eagerly anticipating that!

Packing will be a neat experience... I am notorious for over-packing. I was going to challenge myself to getting everything in on a carry on. After figuring out the size requirement for a bag I realized this may not happen... I will keep you all posted! I have although made an extreme effort into making this a possibility... I have watched numerous YouTube videos on how to super pack. Also, I made a Pinterest board full of great packing tips. I will be sure to use those while I pack!

Like I said before, I have never been to this large of a city. I think I will adore it! Or who knows, maybe I will figure out that it is just too much and would prefer being back in my Wisconsin driveway shoveling snow... But I highly doubt that!  ;)

More to come...

Kayla Shoemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment