Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reflecting: One Month Later

It is always interesting to see how the "trip high" lasts after you return home from an amazing experience. You always think, "This will always be how I feel for the rest of time. My life has been changed. I have new-found purpose and drive in life." But how often does that ever hold up two weeks later?

Well, here we are, nearly a month after our return from the Big Apple. My life still feels changed. I am still filled with a whole new sense of direction and focus. The only difference from my initial reaction? Now, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with how to get there. It's tough to get the ball rolling. I have a lot of plans and have made a lot of decisions. Execution? That needs a little more of a kick in the pants. Since our return, I have felt so tied down to my everyday responsibilities that I haven't had much extra time to devote to starting my future now. I need to set deadlines for myself. Better yet, I need someone else to help me hold myself accountable for meeting my deadlines. Starting a "career club" was brought up while we were in New York. Essentially, that means having a friend or group of friends that check up on one another to help each other stay focused (and guilty if your focus slips). Figuring out my personal deadlines and my "career club" will be my two most immediate goals.

~ Nicole A. Korbisch

No comments:

Post a Comment