Monday, April 9, 2012

An Interesting Thought

Since we've been back, all I have been thinking about is my upcoming recital on this Wednesday. I've been in the practice rooms non-stop, while working hard on program notes, and scheduling rehearsal times for other things, while getting in my homework for my other classes. My schedule is similar to the hustle and bustle of NYC: never-ending.
I absolutely loved dropping all that I had to do back here in little Eau Claire for experiencing New York. I didn't have to worry about everything listed above, and it was a wonderful feeling. All I had to worry about were my scheduled meeting times to go to shows, or to interview someone. It was a relief to be able to enjoy myself. Once I got back to Eau Claire, yes, I could hear the birds chirping outside my window in the morning, but it was back to being responsible me. I am now imagining what it would be like to have all those responsibilities come to New York... woof! I would go absolutely insane! This is partly why I know New York is not the place for me now. Reason 2 of figuring out why I don't like big cities is complete (the first being assertion). Now onwards to find a third reason...
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment