Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's Really Sinking In

Every day I am getting readjusted to normal college life in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.  and every day, New York City feels like a dream.  But now it's a dream that I can go back to and live in for good in just two years!!  
It's 11:00 pm on a wednesday night, and like a responsible student I am diligently doing my homework, trying to catch up on what seems like a never ending to-do list.  About ten minutes ago I needed a break.  That usually entails clicking my way through the world wide web to youtube and looking up past Tony Performances.  I stumbled upon the cast of anything goes  performing their show-stopping, toe-tapping finale number at the end of Act 1.  But this time I remembered I met some of the people who were in the cast; who were performing at THEE tonys, and dancing next to some of the most famous Broadway Stars, like Sutton Foster! It hit me like a ton of bricks all over again.

The NYC Immersion experience has given me a self-assurance and fire that I have been searching for for the past three years.  All of my fears of going into this profession have completely vanished.  I was so grateful that I experienced this before my recital, which was a week ago Thursday.  It felt wonderful to perform with that new-found confidence.   I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and that light is obscured by the New York City skyline!!
Still, I do have a few uncertainties about the future, like how I'm going to support myself, living paycheck to paycheck.  But I believe more than ever that everything that is meant to happen will happen.

Sincerely yours,
Marie

Here's the link I mentioned!  If you pause at 3:54, you will see Tari Kelly (who performed Reno Sweeney at our show!), Andrew Cao, and Raymond J. Lee dancing right behind the incredible Sutton Foster!  They graciously gave us their time after the performance to speak with us!!  This was my favorite part of the entire trip :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo6lPifGnGA
  

No comments:

Post a Comment