Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Packing reactions!

Packing has commenced on Chauncey Street!  It has initiated three distinct and alternating emotions.  First, I am unbelievably excited to finally visit the Big Apple and experience some amazing shows and learn from the best artists in town!  Second, I am incredibly stressed tying loose ends; packing my suitcase, printing necessary material, and making my resumes look handsomely dashing; I know this hard work will pay off.  Third, I am nervous, anxious and sad to leave my newlywed and 8 month old son, Lee, at home for a WEEK!  They'll be in good hands with Grandma Jo and Glamma 'O', but I foresee some hardship enjoying so many new things and shows without the uwec theater grad in my life, who is my wife, Kaysee.  
To use the second and third emotions to my advantage, I keep telling myself that this is an immersion trip; I am ready to learn,  and although I will bring my 'A' game to our masterclass, coaching and recital, I will be humbled and LEARN from potential colleagues and professional artists.  
Random excitement consists of adding a new mug or two to my coffee mug collection, seeing Tina Fey loitering around 30 Rockefeller Plaza and napping in the display window of 'Gimbel's' like Will Ferrell in the movie 'Elf'.  
I have a friend who was fortunate to see 'Pippin' and has talked it up so much that I will probably cry during the overture.  I will probably also cry in the nostalgia of seeing 'Die Fledermaus' the opera UWEC put on last spring which I was fortunate enough to be a part of.  Lastly, I look forward to getting closer and learning from the 12 peers traveling with me!
Luke Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment