Monday, December 30, 2013

NYC Trip #2!

It's unreal to think that in a few days I will be back in NYC!

As I'm getting ready for my second trip to NYC I am looking back at how I felt in March when  I was about to go on this trip. I'm remembering feeling nervous for the unknown and excited for the adventure. This year I'm feeling those emotions, but it feels different than before. I feel more independent and I'm not as afraid to put myself out there. But I guess that same thing is what scares me. The fact is that this time going there it feels more serious and more real. Last year I was just testing the waters, and it really didn't sink in that one day I'll be living there and immersing myself into this business. Now, with graduate school around the corner, I realize that my time as a student is SO short. Pretty soon I will be on my own without my professors to catch me when  I fall, and it's scary to think about. I need to make the most out of this trip so that when I am out on my own I know how to catch myself. I need to know all the opportunities out there and make myself prepared to take the opportunities when they come about. I need to figure out what my next steps are in order to move forward in the process. I want to expand my knowledge of the business and what I can do to better prepare myself for it. This is why I will be interviewing both a voice teacher and a stage director. I also want to get more connections and feedback on my own performing. I am also excited to observe other performances. 

I have big dreams and I am ready to take another step forward to reach them.

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment